Search This Blog

2.14.2012

DIY Cork Boards

I decided I wanted some inspiration boards for my home office but didn't want to spend much money. 
I decided to make my own cork boards, see image above for my muse.  Yesterday I went to the thrift store and found three similarly sized frames for a total of about $18.
I know the artwork is gorgeous, it's a shame I won't be keeping it. 
I decided on painting the frames in a glossy teal color to accent my new orange rug (pictures to follow).  The hardware store didn't have the right color of spray paint in gloss so I bought the satin teal and a clear gloss coat for the top. 
This and some fine sand paper came to about $10.
I quickly sanded the frames to take off the top finish so the paint will stick.  After they were nicely sanded I took a damp rag and cleaned off the dust and dirt.  Then the coats of paint began...once I had the frames covered with color to my satisfaction I added the gloss top coat and voila...
All in a few hours of work!

Today I will pick up the cork to finalize my boards and hang them so tune back in to see the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment