Search This Blog

9.18.2012

trends with staying power?

I was looking around on Refinery29 the other day and came across an article listing the top 12 trends seen in New York Fashion Week with staying power.  I'm not sure if I agree with all of them, what do you think?

Bra Tops
Cute, but how many people will really be wearing this type of top while not at the beach?

Full Skirts
I love a good full skirt!

                                                                         90's Denim
Couldn't disagree more on this one, I think this trend will leave us quickly.

                                                           Black and White Mixed Prints
Black and white never goes out of style

                                                                 Jewel Embellishments
I feel like this trend is always around, the embellishments just move locations

                                                                       Drop Waists
This can be a tough one to pull off but if the bodice is form fitting enough to still have a defined waist, like the look in the center, I think this trend works.

                                                                           Macrame
I love this trend and hope it sticks around

                                                                   Plastic Outerwear
If it's raining...

                                                                   Sheer White Layers
I am loving sheer layers in every color right now

                                                                         Vest Shirts
Not the biggest fan

                                                                  Peek-a-Boo Strips
I like this one, especially the look on the right

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!  Check out the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment