Search This Blog

8.24.2011

my home

It's almost coming up on the one year anniversary of our new-ish home.  I came accross some photos of what the house looked like before we moved in and how it looks now, I love the changes...said in the most modest way possible.



THE BEFORE PHOTOS:
bare with me, it gets better...

living room
clearly this was staging furniture


 fireplace/dining
loved the wood floors...hated the light yellow walls


dining room
I do like the fact that they have barstools at the bar.  I guess I need to add barstools to the "to shop for" list, I feel like this list should be getting smaller but it's just not.




kitchen
You won't see any after pictures of the kitchen because it's basically the same but with gray walls.  The kitchen was fully remodeled prior to us purcahsing the home so although we would have done it differently it's not changing at this point.




AND NOW FOR THE AFTER PHOTOS


dining room/entry from kitchen
the glowing orb in the foreground is a coconut.  It took me a while to figure that one out myself so I thought I'd just answer that burning question for you.  Also, I'm cheating because you didn't get this view in the before pictures, teehee



 dining room

next item on the to do list...change out the dining room light fixture


   
fireplace
I think this is my favorite part of the whole house
...I wonder what magazine that is?


dining room
 really, not a room at all but more of an area, just had to show this because of the rug.  I know it's a little small, but the less carpet squares the cheaper and I am a girl on a budget!  This one was taken from my phone, not a great picture but when knowing the source you have to admit it's not too shabby

 
to be continued...
I can't use up all my material in the first day

2 comments:

  1. Well after looking at these, I want to burn my own home down and start over. Thanks a lot. Good work, you stud! GORGEOUS abode!!!!

    ReplyDelete