Search This Blog

8.29.2011

restoration hardware

As I'm sure most of you have, I just received the Restoration Hardware Fall 2011Source Book.  Typically Restoration Hardware overall is a little too "traditional" for me, I can find a few good pieces but it never really was a huge draw for me design wise.  But as I was flipping through this massive book I found a few inspiring rooms that I had to share in case you were left off this mailing list...
Ok so there is a lot going on here but I like the play with scale.  Although the sofa is very tufted it's simple in shape and low to the ground which works with the large tailored collage of artwork above.  I even like the scale of the large chandeliers hanging low to the ground instead of using end table lamps.  Overall I think this is a very creatively done room.

I like the masculinity in this room, especially the very modern chaise's done in a warn leather to make them look lived in and comfortable.

Again, there is a lot going on here but I like the symmetry and love the floor lamps.

It would be fun to design a bar like this, again masculine, but this room has more of a simplicity which I am typically drawn to and also very industrial.

Love!  Gray and white, my favorite.

 *Resource: restorationhardware.com

No comments:

Post a Comment