Search This Blog

7.10.2012

add personal style to the bathroom

I saw this article written by Jenn Hannotte, Principle of Ruset and Empire Interiors in Toronto, on Houzz and I loved it and wanted to share.  You can view it below or see it on houzz.com here.

"The bathroom seems to be the one spot in our homes that we forget to inject with personal style. We tend to spend a lot of time considering its materials and function (as we should), but then we decorate it only with bathroom-y items, and before we know it we're stuck in an oddly bland and neutral space. The bathroom is actually one of the most fun rooms to play around with, simply because their neutral backdrop introduces eclectic interest."

 
Why keep plates strictly in the kitchen?

I love the dark gray walls highlighting the artwork with the bright white bead board.  This great stool also adds a "lived in" feel.

I have always loved chandeliers used in the bathroom, and the little
vignettes used throughout this space add some great texture.

You know me, I am a sucker for a good collage so why not bring one into the bathroom?  and P.S...I am dying for these floors!

I am almost finished with a bathroom I have been working on and I added shelves similar to the one's in the picture.  A great way to add storage space and just pretty space for accessories!  Adding the square molding surrounding a round mirror?  Genius!  And if we all were lucky enough to have a bathroom this large, why not add a cozy sofa and rug?

I think after seeing this article I might have to spruce up my own bathrooms!


No comments:

Post a Comment