Search This Blog

6.13.2012

winter wedding wednesday!

It's time to discuss the wedding dress, one of my favorite parts.  Casie is hoping for a fuller skirt but seems to be pretty open other than that.  In order to help her out I put together a bunch of dresses that reminded me of her to see if she sees a style she can't live without. 


Love the simplicity and of course the pockets!
 
Swap the beach scene for a winter scene, obviously.  Again, great simplicity
 (and pockets) and I love the neckline on this dress, no necklace needed.

This is more A-line than the ball
gown that Casie loves but the delicate
sleeves on this dress are gorgeous.

I like this shape for Casie.  She is very petite and
this dropped waste will show how adorably tiny she is
while she still gets the full skirt she wants.

This dress has a great wispy feeling and even though
there is a lot of fabric here it still feels light and airy.

And of course, while outside in the winter during the
ceremony, a wrap should help with the cold temperature.

Here is more full cape...it would keep her
warmer and be a great prop for photos later.

I had to add this one in...although this isn't the perfect fit for Casie, I just
loved the vintage quality to the long sleeved lace dress and fur shawl.

What a great idea to hep with the cold while outside and
easily removed for the inside dance party to come later
in the evening.
It's always fun to dream and it's smart to go into the dress fittings with an idea of the style you like but sometimes you never know what you end up with!  I certainly had one idea of what I wanted my dress to look like and ended with a completely different style.  Looking forward to the dress shopping to come with my sis!  I will keep everyone updated along the process, thanks for your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment